CAll 1800-270-1279 ADDICTION KILLER: EFFECTIVE WAYS TO QUIT ALCOHOL
Most of the people nowadays think consumption of alcohol is classy. If an individual is in the phase to quit drinking the person has to struggle every day. There may be lots of reasons that why you want to quit drinking or you might be a reason you want to stop this habit. People often want to leave this addiction due to some medical problems like liver disease, heart disease, etc. or because they take some health-related medicine which reacts with alcohol and creates more problems. Others want to opt for a healthy lifestyle or leave for other reasons.
In case you completely want to remove alcohol from your life, you should realize that youíre not the only one. There are many individuals who try to quit their drinking habit but fail to do so. Experts recommend that individual should avoid high-risk situations, communicating effectively, building a support network, eating healthy food, exercising and enjoying being healthy with fun activities.
You will face many difficulties in the initial stage to quit alcohol drinking. Alcohol Craving can occur due to some external or internal triggers. If you recognize this and avoid them it will be the key to quit drinking and will maintain a long-term sobriety. Most of the time getting involved in other activities will also help an individual to leave alcohol.
External triggers: Behaviours associated with drinking opportunities or people, place, things any time can cause a relapse. External triggers are predictable, more obvious and avoidable than internal triggers.
Internal Triggers: An urge to drink alcohol may arise at any time, though these triggers are set up by various thoughts, positive emotions or negative emotions such as frustration or due to due to some physical sensation such anxiety, headache, tension, etc.
Avoid high-risk situations prevent a person from drinking and it is the best strategy. Remove all the bottles of alcohol from your home or stop buying it. Family members and friends will also help you to recover. You have to ignore such things like social gatherings, formal, informal parties, etc so that you may not enter into relapse condition because that can further lead you to think that you just cannot stop, no matter what. In the event, if you feel remorseful about turning down a welcome, advise yourself that one day you may have the determination to go when others are drinking around you. Abstain from halting by bars, regardless of whether you reveal to yourself it might be for a couple of minutes.
It is additionally less than ideal to get together with old drinking pals. Remain associated with different companions and propose exercises that donít include drinking.
When you quit drinking, there are various withdrawal symptoms :-
- Nausea or vomiting
- Anxiety and restlessness
- Trouble sleeping
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
These symptoms occur from few hours when you stop drinking and lasts for 5 days. These symptoms improve with time, but with some people, these symptoms are not enjoyable- they can be life threatening. These withdrawal symptoms are the result of excess drinking.
Steps to be free from alcohol addiction:
- Take care of yourself: While you are struggling to quit your addiction, you have to take care of yourself. However, you have to manage your mood swings, combat cravings, improve your eating habits and sleep a lot to become stress-free.
- Build support network: Surround yourself with people who encourage you, motivates you and make you feel good. This will help you to stay on your recovery track.
- Develop new activities: Give more time to yourself and try to find new interests that you may have. Join new support clubs and various other activity classes are available like dance classes, music classes, sports clubs, etc.
- Practice to say No: Invitation to parties are casual. Whether to visit the party or not is your choice. But you have to stop yourself to have a drink and moreover, your co-workers will force you to have a drink but you have to make your mindset that you donít have to enter in the relapse.
- Talk to someone whom you trust: Alcohol cravings are normal when you are leaving the substance you were addicted too. So, talk to your loved ones so that they can motivate you.